Organizers call it Leslieville Farmer’s Market, not an ideal name for this location. But on a positive note, the logo as shown here includes the word “Ashbridges.”
This blog takes its approach from historical sources: that the Ashbridge’s neighbourhood has existed here since 1793, Leslieville was established a kilometre to the west in the 1860s, and the city annexed Leslieville, the area west of Greenwood, in 1884.
The market site, Jonathan Ashbridge Park, is several blocks east of Greenwood. The former name for the park was Ashbridge’s Bay Park. That name is now used for the park along the bay.