A roundup of summer activities courtesy of Duke of Connaught School Council. Lots to choose from, right in our neighbourhood. Greenwood Pool is now open for swimming (as of Friday June 26).
Pan Am Games: S.H. Armstrong hosts the Pan Am torch relay on July 6 at 10 a.m.!
S.H. Armstrong Community Recreation Centre is a stop on the Pan Am Torch Relay on July 6th! It’s scheduled for 10 a.m. in the gymnasium, so please come out and experience the Pan Am spirit! 56 Woodfield Road.
– Applegrove Community Complex: We currently have space available in our day camps for children ages 6-12 during the weeks of June 29, July 27, August 4, 17 and 24. Our weekly camp activities include: physical activities/swimming, cooking, crafts, trips every week, light Breakfast & Snack, cooperative games. The cost is $100 per week. We are also running 2-week Leadership Programs. This program helps young teens (ages 12 – 15) build confidence and self-esteem; gain leadership and team-building skills; and develop life skills such as planning, budgeting, cooking and first aid. There is currently space available for the weeks of July 6, 20 and August 10. The cost is $200 for 2 weeks. Please email May Seto at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on either camp program and to register.
– NEW – Planète Française is a French immersion camp being offered at Duke this year starting July 6. We are a safe, convenient and innovative French-Immersion camp designed to build French language skills and confidence in a fun summer environment. Enjoy up to 7 action-packed weeks with unique themes, incredible guests and city adventures. Bite into healthy, local and organic snacks which are included during the camp and in the Aftercare Lemonade Club/After-Camp French Reading Club. We want to celebrate our new DUKE location! All registered campers attending the Duke location will receive a drawstring Planète Française nylon bag – perfect for taking along when we explore the local beaches and parks. For more information and to register (some courses are almost full), please visit http://www.planetefrancaise.ca/
– S.H. Armstrong runs a variety of day camps out of their Woodfield Road location. We are so excited for this summer as we have some new staff that are eager and excited to provide an exceptional camp experience! Below are some courses in which space is still available … to register for these or other City of Toronto programme, please visit: https://efun.toronto.ca/torontofun/Start/Start.asp
– Specialty Camp-Acrylics paints: w/o July 27 2015, 9-4pm. Course code #2698749
– Specialty Camp-Acrylics paints: w/o August 17 2015, 9-4pm. Course Code #2698753
– Specialty Camp-Clay: w/o August 4 2015, 9-4pm. Course Code #2698750
– Specialty Camp-Multi Art: w/o August 24, 2015, 9-4pm, Course Code #2698751
Swimming Lessons at S.H. Armstrong and Greenwood Park
– S.H. Armstrong, 56 Woodfield Road: Swimming lessons are being offered this year at SH Amstrong for the month of July! Space is available for a variety courses. Please see attached for the list of courses and click on this link to register: https://efun.toronto.ca/torontofun/Start/Start.asp
– Greenwood Park: Swimming starts at Greenwood Park this Friday, June 26 and ends Sunday, September 6. Greenwood Park offers lessons, leisure swim and lane swim. Please see attached for the Greenwood Park schedule and click on this link to register: https://efun.toronto.ca/torontofun/Start/Start.asp
– Farmer’s market in Jonathan Ashbridge park every Sunday from 9 to 2 (20 Woodward Avenue) until November 1. For more information, please visit: http://leslievillemarket.com/
– Ashbridge Estate flea market: 3rd Sunday of every month from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. until October 18. The next two markets are July 19 and August 16. For more information, please visit: http://leslievilleflea.com/